Thursday, December 26, 2013

21. Brigade vol 2 #1 to 3 ... Image ...

And now for the other half of the story from Bloodstrike! I called this vol 2 because there is a miniseries before this but to me, personally, this is where Brigade starts because the artwork from here on out is such a HUGE leap from the miniseries ... that and also my first Image comics that I bought is Brigade vol 2 #1 and Pitt #2 and I loved both to bits! Read and re-read and passed around my uni campus ... hehehe ... aaaaah memories of my younger days, eh?

Anyway, this series is great because ... well check out that cover ... seriously I don't care what people say about posing and grimacing ... come on! It's a cover and how often in Marvel and DC you get the same too, right? Marat Mychaels just ROCKS this cover!!!

As for the story ... well it opens up with the team coming back from a mission that is from the limited series with one member gone ... when they hit home base, instead of behaving like normal ops people ... the team leader dismisses everyone for r n r ... now rather than being grateful, the lady of the team got bitchy and questioned him on the importance of debriefing ... yeah right! Bitch! So naturally she gets ONE in the head! Bitch! Sorry ...

And from then on, it's Brigade versus Bloodstrike with Brigade getting their asses whupped. So many shots and shocks at every turn of the page

I do not want to spoil it for you by saying who got captured and who bit the bullet but there are certainly some shockers and naturally with the depleted resources, our nasty posturing team leader goes on a recruitment drive. And consistent with his generally snarling behaviour, so is his style of recruitment. I tell you, it's a riot! But hey, even though inspite of all this? I loved it. I thought the attitude was so over the top, it was fun

Ratings: 8/10 (2 points for cover alone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment