Monday, September 29, 2014

154. Ultimate Spider-Man vol 1 #7 ... Marvel ... Mark Bagley ...

Someone asked why most of the time, if I put a name at the title, it's the artist. Well, I admit it takes an entire team to produce a good book but for me, if I just wanted a story, I can read a book or watch a movie, etc. The main difference in the comic's medium is the artist that draws it out. Of course, in the actual technical aspect, the inker and colourist and colour separators are important too but hey it's my review, right? Hehehe!

Onward

After last issue, you know you are going to be at the very least a teensy bit curious how the next chapter rolls and this is it! Bagley's primary letdown this time is the cover. For this issue, the interior is miles better than it's lame ass cover. Sigh! I don't mean to bitch but if you turn the cover, you will know what I mean immediately

Anyway, almost the entire issue is one big fight and it is not boring thanks to all the spectacular angles. We see a youthful Spider-Man going all out until ... as fate would have it ... interference from the law wherein there's a lot of gunfire ... and the Goblin tumbles into the waters ... as this is a comic, you know it means he, the Goblin will be back

Shocker here for those who actually have never seen the movie, watched the cartoon or read a comicbook, is the reveal by Harry, Peter's best friend on the identity of the Goblin. So for once, NO SPOILERS here in this review. Hehehe!

It ends just like that - hints of the Goblin's return but for once, no cliffhangers. So if your wallet doesn't allow it, you may actually not buy the next issue. For me, not the smartest of endings eh? Still if you have enjoyed the first 7 issues, highly likely you would still give the next issue a try. I did. For the entire run of 100+ issues

Ratings: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment