Saturday, September 26, 2015

2.112 (477) Red Hulk #26 ... Marvel ... #hulk

Regardless of what goes on in the world of movies, every once in a world, a writer comes along that just understands the Hulk and with that, a new awesome run begins. The same has to be said when Ed McG (artist) and Jeph Loeb (writer) join forces for the beginning of the Red Hulk and from issue 1 onwards, it has been just that - awesome!

#26 is part 2 in a new arc where we have new writer and artist onboard who tries hard to spin a new storyline after the resounding success from Loeb. I honestly admit when I first tested the issues, it wasn't for me and I stopped buying the TPB until I found some online stuff ... and while I still wouldn't buy the TPB I did enjoy reading it because the stories while involving villains and heroes in spandex is no longer that cartoony as the first 24 issues ... and surprisingly Gabriel Hardman's harsher and more realistic lines made me missed Ed McG. Trust me when I say this ... I was not a fan of Ed while he was doing other books including Fighting American but this? Wow!

Anyway, in chapter 2, we see Red Hulk still assisting both Banner and Captain America in trying to shut down all the various end of the world scenarios coming online ... thanks to the defeat of the Intelligentsia i.e. Red's earlier villainous group ... as a small way of earning his way back to acceptable status with the rest of civilization

And here in this chapter they encounter a scientific research gone wrong with something absorbing across all humans it comes into contact with and transforming them ... think techno organic if you are a comic fan ... otherwise think Zombies and you get the picture

On the flipside, we see Rick Jones aka A Bomb continuing his efforts as well by trying to take down another monster terrorizing a city. It's weird reading the dialogue because the Rick of old is a wee bit more mature than this Rick who seems and sounds like the 60s or is that 70s Robin of Batman fame

Ratings: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment