Thursday, March 27, 2014

37. Hulk Red #1 ... Marvel ...

I remembered when I was a kid, the few times I bought the Hulk comic or when I watched that Bill Bixby TV series, what really made me disappointed was the lack of violence and destruction. I mean, seriously! We are talking about a near mindless raging engine of destruction who is super strong and near invulnerable. So why doesn't he really destroy stuff? Hehehe!

The main issues I loved and have read repeatedly are issues 299 and 300 ... but those are for another review in the future, eh?

Here we finally have one relaunched Hulk series that meets the destruction quota. YESSSSS FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The book opened very well. It doesn't waste time explaining where is Bruce Banner and what not. It starts straight off with violence and a murder mystery where we found out that there was a fight and the Abomination was murdered not just trashed to bits but actually shot. So what gives right?

And then we were shown here and there fused footprints with shiny bits of quartz. What's it all about there?

The question then on everyone's minds is "Is there a new Hulk in town"? If so, who is he? Because unlike the Green Hulk, this one can think clearly, plan, cunning and ruthless i.e. worst case scenario for any Hulk on planet Earth

The only thing certain is that it is not Banner because ... Banner is trapped in a bunker and Ross/ Samson went to him for advice

To close this review,  I am advising you to go BUY THIS, DOWNLOAD THIS ... JUST READ IT!

O Yeah I was never a fan of Ed McGuinness not even when he was doing Fighting American but this? Holy cow! It fits him perfectly! 






No comments:

Post a Comment