Sunday, March 30, 2014

39. Impulse #1 and 2 ... DC ... Humberto Ramos ...

If you are a fan of the current Ramos comics, this is basically where Ramos hit the big times. He took a spin off character from the Flash mythos and made this a minor cult hit. I am not a fan of DC and yet I followed this religiously as it came out. Actually I still recall picking up issue 2 on the back issue bins and having a good laugh until I put it on my pull list ... and followed it for more than 2 years until Ramos moved on to other things and successive artists couldn't do what he did! Sigh!

Basically we have super fast teena

ger Impulse who unfortunately grew up in a future timeline and never had a normal life as he was raised in some sort of virtual reality. Hence the way he behaves and reacts are comical. Ramos does his well by using visuals for his thought balloons instead of words

There are many gags in the comics as the series progresses and these are literally laugh out loud moments! I kid you not!

This is also where Ramos artwork is so good it worked its way back into the words of the storylines ... like big feet ... big hair ... hahaha! I love this comic!

And best of all you can see Ramos growing with each comic. Just check out the covers to 1 and 2 and you can see the Impulse on 1 is not as cute and comical as 2, right?

Ratings: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment