Monday, May 25, 2015

2.27 (392) Robin Ongoing #2 ... DC ...

This version of Robin is my absolute favourite of them all ... even better than Dick (really?) Grayson, the first Robin in his underwear with no leggings ... hahahaha ... and I am so glad I didn't start with the early issues of this series because if I did (aside from 1), I doubt I would have been a fan

You see ... issue 1 is reintroduces us back to Tim after his previous 3 miniseries ... and a new artist is always a fresh take ... but the villain of the piece or rather the thrust of the tale is kind of weak ... car thieving ... and the worst part of it all is, it continues into this issue

Oh sure we have the detective bit but come on! We come here for a superhero in training kind of comic, not a detective noir style of tale and to me, this falls flat SPLAT!

The cover itself tells you everything and it's not good. Robin goes against the gang and someone decides to stick a mask on himself, someone big and strong but not super strong like Solomon Grundy or Bane ... sigh ...

But hey the issues after these early starts? Awesome!

Ratings: 5/10 (only because we are prejudiced hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment