Friday, May 1, 2015

2.3 (368) Avengers vol 1 #222 ... Marvel ...

By the time this is published, the 2nd Avengers movie would have been set loose upon this poor world. But at the time I am typing this, it is not yet out (19th April 2015 for those who keep count). So why the earlier reviews? Because firstly, this is like those olden days of Marvel's Bullpen bulletins (as if!) where they do it months in advance of the actual comic coming out (hah the sheer audacity of me to compare my ramblings to Merry Marvel's eh?) ... and secondly (more truthfully) I am travelling one week here and there ... and not everywhere has decent internet connection (I know, I know, shocking, right?)

So ... I was surprised when I checked back to past reviews and noted that there aren't as many reviews of Avengers vol 1 as I thought I may have done. Well then, without further ado, here is a review ...

This issue is sort of a quiet story in between bigger arcs and for a quieter tale, there is still plenty of action going on which goes to show you that Marvel really rocked waaay back when ... of course with current comic resurgence they still rock (you can guess that I am a Marvel fan, eh?)

Here, as the cover indicates is featured a Masters of Evil invading the Avengers Mansion ... for you see, the new characters and old characters figured that with all the recent challenges the Avengers has faced, now is the best to raid their mansion when they are tired, recuperating or not there at all ... and they are right ... to a certain extent ...

However, they did not realize that the Avengers' membership had recently grew/ swell once more and here we have the savage She-Hulk coming in to give the old MoE a walloping, that and the fact that no one really gave the Wasp much credit ...

Simple told in one tale that can be skipped but if you can find it, I do advocate you to read it. It's good storytelling, good art and interesting character development all rolled into 20+ pages

Ratings: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment