Saturday, March 28, 2015

334. Ultimates #8 ... Marvel ...

I cannot believe that almost one year in of reviews and I have not touched on this title. This is easily one of the best comic series I have ever read and this is the series that made me a fan of artist Bryan Hitch and writer Mark Millar. Honestly. Before this, I don't even know Hitch's work even though I have seen it like the Thing and She-Hulk one off

Anyway, the Ultimates is basically the Ultimate Universe's version of the Avengers before this verse go too messy and by messy I meant that after several years' in, there came an Ultimate Avengers and Ultimate Ultimates. Yes, see what I mean? Hehehe!

Now covers aside, the highlight of this issue is certainly not Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. In fact, until the end of this volume, these two are merely on the fringes of the book and gets cameo appearances and occasional dialogue. Whatever they do, it is always off panel

So what's the highlight here then, you ask? It is the awesomeness that is Hitch's artwork. Hehehe! Basically the focus is on Hawkeye and Widow as they infiltrate a seemingly normal building to uncover that the workers here, from drone to managers are all decades old aliens. And what a firefight it was. This is worthy of a movie framing sequence - reminds one of Matrix lobby scene where Neo walks in, gets checked and whips out the guns! I kid you not. Check it out and you will be glad you did

Of course the ending is equally good promising us a sure kick ass next issue as Cap takes it upon himself to track down loser, Pym in a bar after he has finished (Pym not Cap) assaulting the Wasp until she has to be hospitalized! Talk about wife abuse!

Ratings: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment