Tuesday, November 25, 2014

211. Supreme #36 ... Image ... Rob Liefeld, Dan Fraga, Danny Miki

I am not a fan of Supreme when it first came out and by fan, I meant following each issue. I have issue one simply because of the enhanced cover (sue me for liking those covers) and naturally anything from Image at that time was what made me want to read comics. The only challenge was that there were too many titles so I had to make a decision on what to follow and what not to. Sorry Supreme!

I got this from the back issue bins ... and I have to say ... if you are not a fan of Supreme you will be completely lost by this issue. I mean, the cover is a bloke screaming Hate but inside?

Hate is but side or sub plot in this very issue actually!

Let's  see ... it opens up with a lady dressed sexily and floating in space (we think!) but the way her cape is billowing even when she is not moving ... we have to assume that there is some wind somewhere ... and it is quite confusing her thoughts ... as apparently she seemed to think she is a woman who was in the body of the true Supreme or something but got walloped by some bad guy and now transformed back into a woman???

Then there is kid Supreme caught up in a web of hate ... but finally coming to find himself only to encounter some woman villain whom he didn't actually defeat but walked away ... leaving her to plot coming after him

And finally SPOILER ALERT we see potentially one Supreme with Beard capturing another Supreme

Well ... that's not much of a review but more of a summary on what happened within ... did I enjoy it? Not really. Did I dislike it? Not really. I guess if I lived in a place where there is a comic bookstore, I would go out and buy more to see what happens. Otherwise, it would get dropped ... yet again ...

Ratings: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment