Monday, December 29, 2014

245. Hercules: Thracian Wars ... Others ...

I have been actively collecting comics (Off and on over the years depending on budget and location where I am in) since I was 12 ... that means I have been a fan for a whopping three decades ... however, every once in a while, a movie comes out and I may watch and enjoy without realizing it is also based/ sourced from a comic. An earlier good example is The Road to Perdition and now this!

I have seen the trailers for like several months ... making me want to watch the movie with Dwayne Johnson and the movie was funny and enjoyable ... and I have no idea it was from a comic until this ...

I actually have this comic in softcopy from a friend for the better part of two years (he gifted me with hundreds of comics) ... and one fine night deciding to try something different I clicked on this first issue and it was so good I read all the issues over one sitting (thanks to some chips and Pepsi)

And that's when I realized that the movie is based on this

Are they differences? Yes

Is it material? Umm no not unless you are a purist

There are enough differences that you can actually enjoy the movie and this comic separately

So what's this about? Well we aren't sure if the Hercules here and his team are indeed demi gods but the way they talked about it seemed that at least they themselves believe in it ... but if so why journey forth looking for gold coin to survive eh?

Anyway they come to a place supposedly to meet a client only to be treated ill until all hell breaks loose and in anger, Hercules and his team easily demolished (read that as killed every last one of them) everyone ... only to discover that the true client had set everything up to test if they are as good as they say they were

And if they passed?

Why the client wants Hercules and team to train his soldiers into a formidable army on the pretext that others seek to dismantle his royal seat and steal away the royal crown. So as the days slipped by, we see romance blossom and sex abound including references to Greeks and young boys

But is all once again as it seemed

Not so ... and before this tale is through, you can bet your last axe that Hercules is going to totally lose it ... and one of the team may not make it through to the final pages

Good stuff

Ratings: 7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment